Friday, April 26, 2013

Taos Day 6

Last painting day of the retreat. We headed back to Arroyo Seco to paint. Great little town.
I decided on this view which was backlit, although this isn't a great photo. I worked on Pastelmat today.
Then I turned 90 degrees and painted this scene.
Michael worked in pastel today also, and here is his first.
I didn't take a picture of the second.
Here's some pictures of the others getting that last painting done, and the critique.
Here is this mornings critique.
We headed back to the house for lunch and got cleaned up and much of my stuff packed. I have to head out at 6 am to drive to Albuquerque and will get back home early evening on Saturday. I'll be happy to sleep in my own bed. For dinner, several of us had to go back to Orlando's in El Prado for one more New Mexican meal. Really great food and a welcoming family feel. The place is tiny and only holds about 45 people.

It was a great retreat and I had a great time! Michael and Trina are gracious hosts. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment